SOCIETE GENERALE CAMEROUN CUSTODIAN REGIONAL CEMAC
Within the impetus of creating SG CAPITAL CEMAC, the Group decided to specialise Société Générale Cameroun in the Custodian business as Custodian and Securities Account Keeper at the CEMAC regional level. Société Générale Cameroun has, since 21 February 2019, been delivered a CEMAC regional authorization to act as Custodian Account Holder under number 10/02/CMF/19.
The Custody activities of Société Générale Cameroun cover the following areas: Custody of transferable securities, Custodian and Financial Services.
In terms of setup, Société Générale Cameroun's banking subsidiary has been mandated by Société Générale Group to centralise the securities account management and custody activities for SG CAPITALCemac and the clientele of the Group's other banking subsidiaries operating in the CEMAC zone.
Within this framework, Société Générale Cameroun provides its clientele of the securities investment sector with post-trade services as follows :
- Account registration ;
- Custodianship ;
- Settlement of post-trade transactions (settlement/delivery, transfer of ownership) ;
- Distribution/placement of securities in the primary market ;
- Monitoring of OSTs or ESVs such as coupon detachments, capital amortizations, recapitalization, etc.
- Treasury services (transfer or remittance of funds to other local and international banks) ;
- Foreign exchange services (FOREX, XAF/EUR, EUR/XAF, USD, CAD, JPY, RMB, etc.) ;
- Custodian of OPCVM assets.
Société Générale Cameroun also keeps the register of shareholders of certain listed and unlisted issuers and in this context it provides following services :
- Dematerialization of securities ;
- Keeping the register of shareholders ;
- Security Events Management (SEM) ;
- Management of Securities Transactions (OST) ;
- Organization of General Assemblies ;
- Implementation of a real-time vote management system.
With nearly 130 billion FCFA in assets under custody at the end of September 2019, Société Générale Cameroun holds the first market share in terms of Custodian of securities listed on the BVMAC equity sub-fund. Till date, several individual clients, corporates and international investors have placed their trust in our custody service.
As leader in the domestic custody market for the equity sub-fund, Société Générale Cameroun has acquired the latest-generation securities management tool in order to respond more effectively to the requirements of international investors and meet the standards of major international markets under the sponsorship of the Group's global business line for post-trade operations, Société Générale Securities Services (SGSS). A partnership in the form of a JV is currently being negotiated.
Email for customer complaints: email@example.com
Telephone Number: +237 233 50 15 40 /+237 233 50 13 43
Mailing address: P.O Box 4042 Douala